NKV
Hello and welcome to NKV forums. If you haven't registered, make an account. Registering is easy, no need for e-mail verification. All updates about the game are posted here. Enjoy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NKV
Hello and welcome to NKV forums. If you haven't registered, make an account. Registering is easy, no need for e-mail verification. All updates about the game are posted here. Enjoy.
NKV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Staff

(Owner)
IcyXDragon

(GMs)
Permafrost

Ranks
Kages:

Leaf (Hokage)
Cloud (Raikage)
Rock (Tsuchikage)
Sand (Kazekage)
Mist (Mizukage)
Rain (Amekage)
Sound (Otokage)
Blood (Ketsukage)

Org Leaders:

Akatsuki (Akatsuki Leader)
7SM (7SM Leader)
Root (Root Leader)
Sound Org. (SO Leader)
Police Force (PF Leader)
Taka (Taka Leader)
12 Ninja Guardians(12NG)

One Piece Manga

+2
Byakuya Kuchiki
Fire
6 posters

NKV :: Social :: Off-Topic

Go down

One Piece Manga Empty One Piece Manga

Post  Fire Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Cause we gotta have all of the Big 3 to make this forum real
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

One Piece Manga Empty Re: One Piece Manga

Post  Byakuya Kuchiki Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:55 am

Fire wrote:Cause we gotta have all of the Big 3 to make this forum real
What's funny is that they all have views according to their popularity, Naruto>Bleach>OP.
Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 pm

But if we go by sales One Piece blows every manga away
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  HylianPanda Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Ichigo Kurosaki wrote:
What's funny is that they all have views according to their popularity, Naruto>Bleach>OP.
Fire wrote:But if we go by sales One Piece blows every manga away
Popularity on NKV vs popularity worldwide. Also if were going by writing, plot, characters, art, ect...

One Piece is the winner by a large margin.
HylianPanda
HylianPanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:03 pm

Preach
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  GladiusStorm Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Uhm, let me tell you a thing fire, One piece is popular in Japan, but outside japan it has decent audience, but worldwide... Naruto and Bleach fucks it up hell even Shingeki no Kyojin beats One piece with ease, its the truth fire.

GladiusStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:34 pm

True but you have to blame 4kids dub of OP that messed up OP's popularity
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  IcyXDragon Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:11 pm

GladiusStorm wrote:Uhm, let me tell you a thing fire, One piece is popular in Japan, but outside japan it has decent audience, but worldwide... Naruto and Bleach fucks it up hell even Shingeki no Kyojin beats One piece with ease, its the truth fire.
Wrong. One piece outdos them both 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also I remember reading somewhere that naruto and bleach sales combined don't even come close to one piece and that right there kinda proves it if you do the math.

While yes that is from 2013 not much has changed except maybe one piece being #1 now.
IcyXDragon
IcyXDragon
Developer/Iconner
Developer/Iconner

Back to top Go down

Post  GladiusStorm Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:00 am

Damn, one piece has sold a shit ton, but if you count the people who read the manga via internet etc, I doubt it would outdo Naruto, Bleach probably and Dragonball would win against One piece, and Fire, anime should stay in Japan, US, EU etc they suck at dubbing animes there are a small amount of animes that were actually good dubbed.

GladiusStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:25 am

Anime in US has led to the growth and popularity of a lot of manga like Naruto, DBZ, and Bleach so it's not that bad to have anime outside of Japan. As of right now AoT is beating OP for half year sales [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and it was pretty close last year. But I still think because of the horrible dub for OP compared to Bleach and Naruto it will not be as popular as them outside of Japan for awhile
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  IcyXDragon Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:08 am

One piece simply isn't as advertised as much outside of Japan as Naruto, Bleach, AoT, and DBZ are. Bleach has bascially been constantly airing in the US over many years getting people into it, Naruto used to air on cartoon network constantly way back so that got a lot of people into it. AoT is the "thing" right now so of course the sales represent. DBZ is self explanatory. Naruto, and DBZ has produced several games on many platforms to advertise even further. Bleach has mainly done things within Sony products.

One Piece on the other hand aired on 4kids and Toonami way way way back and even back then it was ruined by how much it was edited to the point where complete arcs were simply skipped (who would want get into a series where they're always skipping episodes?). And in toonamis case it stopped airing before it got good (stopped airing around the Skypiea arc if I remember right). As for games well... It's mainly stuck to Nintendo products with the exception of a few for Sony. And with how little it's advertised in the US and other countries outside of Japan nowadays it's hardly surprising that it doesn't seem as popular. If One Piece was as popularized as say Naruto or even DBZ its sales would be even higher than they already are now in addition to probably getting a new One Piece game every year or every other year for xbox, playstation, and nintendo.

I feel that if the dub was done better, specifically for me better voice acting (I literally hate Luffy's current voice), then it would be much better. And currently on Toonami well i don't even know. The only good one of the 3 airing right now is bleach. Naruto Shippuden starts out dry as hell and still is dry as hell, One Piece is still sort of dry but once they reach Enies Lobby should be good, excluding Luffy's voice.
IcyXDragon
IcyXDragon
Developer/Iconner
Developer/Iconner

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:24 am

IcyXDragon wrote:One piece simply isn't as advertised as much outside of Japan as Naruto, Bleach, AoT, and DBZ are. Bleach has bascially been constantly airing in the US over many years getting people into it, Naruto used to air on cartoon network constantly way back so that got a lot of people into it. AoT is the "thing" right now so of course the sales represent. DBZ is self explanatory. Naruto, and DBZ has produced several games on many platforms to advertise even further. Bleach has mainly done things within Sony products.

One Piece on the other hand aired on 4kids and Toonami way way way back and even back then it was ruined by how much it was edited to the point where complete arcs were simply skipped (who would want get into a series where they're always skipping episodes?). And in toonamis case it stopped airing before it got good (stopped airing around the Skypiea arc if I remember right). As for games well... It's mainly stuck to Nintendo products with the exception of a few for Sony. And with how little it's advertised in the US and other countries outside of Japan nowadays it's hardly surprising that it doesn't seem as popular. If One Piece was as popularized as say Naruto or even DBZ its sales would be even higher than they already are now in addition to probably getting a new One Piece game every year or every other year for xbox, playstation, and nintendo.

I feel that if the dub was done better, specifically for me better voice acting (I literally hate Luffy's current voice), then it would be much better. And currently on Toonami well i don't even know. The only good one of the 3 airing right now is bleach. Naruto Shippuden starts out dry as hell and still is dry as hell, One Piece is still sort of dry but once they reach Enies Lobby should be good, excluding Luffy's voice.

This minus the hatred of Luffy's dubbed voice. I'm hoping the Enies Lobby arc can isignificantly increase OP's popularity
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:47 am

Still don't care about One Piece though, regardless of how big its sales may be '-'
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  GladiusStorm Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Well, I like one piece but the amount of episodes and bullshit it has, like it starts to be good at episode 380 where the war arc starts with ace, and I wouldnt call that an achievement, because look at Naruto the first episodes were already amazing (talking about naruto not shippuden) same as Attack on titan, one piece would be awesome if they didnt took it too long with the episodes and manga.

GladiusStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  HylianPanda Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Actually Toonami started one piece at the best part. Everything after skypeia is where the anime hits it's stride. Also I like the VAs for the dub.
HylianPanda
HylianPanda

Back to top Go down

Post  GladiusStorm Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Since I'm not american, did toonami even showed the first 20 epbisodes or did they straight skipped them?

GladiusStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Back when 4kids dubbed One Piece they showed up to the middle of Skypiea minus a few filler arcs that actually were important to the story. And now Funimation is picking up after the Skypiea arc and is about to start Enies Lobby. And I wouldn't say One Piece wasn't good until episode 380 or I would never have watched it. It's good before that but doesn't have a good a hook as Naruto or Bleach but it got amazing now
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  GladiusStorm Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:57 pm

Tbh, One piece has humour, main reason why i could watch one piece but the fighting part started pretty late and im talking about the amazing battles.

GladiusStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:43 am

I'd have to rewatch it but I remember the Don Krieg and Arlong fights being aiight. Then Crocodile was pretty good and every other crew members fight against Baroque Works was nice too
Fire
Fire
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down