NKV
Hello and welcome to NKV forums. If you haven't registered, make an account. Registering is easy, no need for e-mail verification. All updates about the game are posted here. Enjoy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NKV
Hello and welcome to NKV forums. If you haven't registered, make an account. Registering is easy, no need for e-mail verification. All updates about the game are posted here. Enjoy.
NKV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Staff

(Owner)
IcyXDragon

(GMs)
Permafrost

Ranks
Kages:

Leaf (Hokage)
Cloud (Raikage)
Rock (Tsuchikage)
Sand (Kazekage)
Mist (Mizukage)
Rain (Amekage)
Sound (Otokage)
Blood (Ketsukage)

Org Leaders:

Akatsuki (Akatsuki Leader)
7SM (7SM Leader)
Root (Root Leader)
Sound Org. (SO Leader)
Police Force (PF Leader)
Taka (Taka Leader)
12 Ninja Guardians(12NG)

Dragonball Z; Mitsugimono

4 posters

NKV :: Social :: Off-Topic

Go down

Dragonball Z; Mitsugimono Empty Dragonball Z; Mitsugimono

Post  Ginji Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:20 am

As a tribute to how amazing DBZ made many children's childhoods, I plan to make a (perhaps my final) BYOND game revolving around DBZ. 

So, what will the game hold?

- Strictly Cannon, no GT(Que SSJ4 Fanboy hateism warfare)
- Custom forms for some races (As humans don't have official transes, nameks need to fuse with others, etc etc)
- Signature Techniques. Down the line you get to make one of your skills your signature technique (Increase in power and lower ki cost, some also advance to a new technique. i.e Kamehameha > SuperKamehameha)
- Groups. No guilds/clans/parties/whatever, groups benefit from having a side chat channel, along with being able to see the location of other people in the group. Along with being able to perform combinationattacks! (Think Saiyan+HalfSaiyan Kamehameha = Father-Son Kamehameha)
- Quest & Zenni driven. Punch the air all you want, but at a certain point you want weights! (Weights will be rentable for a fixed amount of time, same goes for gravity training on earth) But don't forget to carry out missions for extra zenni and rewards! (Apart from Sagas and boss fights there will be recurring and repeatable missions from villagers and other npcs that earn you zenni and occasionally special items)
- Balanced races. Saiyans will be hard, and I mean HARD to master. Each form is attainable under strict requirement and circumstances. Apart from having to follow the sagas, you'll need a specific amount of power,physical strenght, ki and who knows what else? (Some forms also have a time limit until mastered, and one form might even be stuck with a time limit!)
- Masterable Transformations. Transformations will drain your ki from the get go, you can lift this by mastering your transformation. Depending on your race/gene/class/fighting style/master combination some forms may even become stronger once you master them! (i.e having trunks as your teacher as a half saiyan whilst having a sword-driven fighting style may boost your Ascended Super Saiyan form up to Ultra Super Saiyan)

Still not convinced? Well, fuck you then.

Still looking for people to join in on this project with me. I primarily do all the coding myself(along with any website/form for the project as well as GFX and mapping). I WILL be needing iconners, and potentionally a second coder(albeit that chance is slim). If you're interested in this as an iconner feel free to let me know and we'll get to work.

Update 1; Decided on a name for the game. Dragon Ball Z; Mitsugimono

Last edited by Kagura Demuri on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Dragonball Z; Mitsugimono Empty Re: Dragonball Z; Mitsugimono

Post  Ginji Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Update 2

Made the list of variables
Created all save and load procs/verbs
Created connect/disconnect procs
Coded Kaioken (with HP drain proc)
Coded False Super Saiyan (with ki drain proc)
Coded basic movement
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:47 am

Update 3
Made a quick forum; http://dbzmitsugimono.fullboards.com/
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunder Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 am

Is there going to be fusion and potara rings '-'
Thunder
Thunder
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:26 am

Thunder wrote:Is there going to be fusion and potara rings '-'
Fusion is a certainty, Potora.... I'd have to think of a proper way to implement that.

For fusion I figured the following way to calculate the power- (usr1's base power + usr2's base power, divided by 2. Thus stronger people would advantage less from fusing with weaker people, and weaker people would advantage from fusing with stronger people. [Transformations will be twice as strong in a fused form to give the feel of increased power, but you can only use transformations both users have achieved])
Along with this the person in control would be randomly selected, and the fusion would last for 5 minutes max(albeit every minute it would promt both users if they want to unfuse and if one of them picks yes they unfuse) 

As for potora, some examples; 

1.Would it be fair for the dominant person(picked by random chance) to have the other users stats just added onto them, with that other person losing their save file (and the first person wouldn't be able to use potora earrings again)

2.Or would it be more fair for each person to get half of the other's power added to their (nobody loses their half of power and both  keep their save files)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Point 2 seems most fair, albeit this would become abuseable with alt characters, and there's no drawback for anyone by doing this (along with it being fairly DBZ-Law bending)

As to where point 1 is realistic and really makes you feel the risk of using potora. But this comes along with people nagging how they lost their character while trying it, and eventually quitting the game.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, what seems more fair to you thunder?

Last edited by Kagura Demuri on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:29 am

Also

Update 4

Coded Kaioken Attack(Becomes upgraded upon mastering the form)
Coded basic Death proc
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunder Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Maybe if you can make each character have a opportunity to control, like every 5-10 minutes it switches control to the other character, and it should warn you that it's permanent. But maybe just to be safe the player should have two files, so if it gets lost they can just go to the other.
Thunder
Thunder
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunder Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Actually... before you do the potara fusion, it should copy your file on another file, so you won't lose your saved data
Thunder
Thunder
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:43 pm

A shared save won't work, as the two persons wouldnt be able to access it at the same time. I could however go with example 1 and then promt if they want to keep their character(they keep their save and arent stuck in the fusion, but cant make another attempt at potora). Also, potora'd characters can't partake in regular fusions, as they're already fused
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunder Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Ok, let's just go with that then.
Thunder
Thunder
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:05 pm

It really does add a bigger sense of depth to the game

Fusion balances the power between both users, but the transformations are many times stronger
Potora puts the power of both users into a single user, but the transformations are of the same strenght as unfused players

This causes a Fusion of the same level as a Potora to come out on top, but there has to be someone around the user's powerlevel to make the Fusion effective enough to do that.

Small addition: people who are fused cannot go SSJG, or atleast have a very slim chance of obtaining it, as both users first need to have obtained SSJG, and to use the form both users need to have a pure kind heart and have mastered SSJG. (Meaning, if people fuse with 100% good karma respectively and have already MASTERED SSJG, they can use the form in the fusion. This also means if the people who potora don't both have 100% good karma,the person who gets the power will lose the ability to go SSJG forever)

P.S

Yes, I just confirmed the existence of Super Saiyan God within my game. But for the way I plan to implement it, don't expect more than 3 people to master it each wipe (my current idea is to NEED to combine the power of 6 saiyan players to access the form, and the person who gets the form is randomized. This will be the only way to access the form until you master it, after which it becomes avaiable to you without needing 5 other saiyan players)

Double P.S

The dominant person in the potora will be stuck having their name combined with the other persons name forever (yes, I do not plan on having a name change verb)
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:30 am

Update 5 Planning

Fusion and Potora system
Basic Attack verb (will later become advanced)

Will problaly do Update 5 tomorrow, have a sinus infection.
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Update 6

Started coding the attack verb, not sure how indept I'll make it for the Alpha stage (currently it keeps track of a combocount, and your way of attacking advances as your combocount goes up)
''Finished'' forum - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Update 7

Coded Fusion Dance (Potora will be done tomorrow)
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginji Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Small semi-detailed round up of the current work (October 11th - October 15th)

Created basic movement (diagonal movement included)
Created Fly verb
Created saving and autosave
Created loading
Created death proc
Created attack verb with combo count (basis punch/kick till combo count reaches 5, then a chance for critical hits until combo count 25, then attack will zanzoken around the enemy automatically)
Created Kaioken (along with healthdrain and mastery)
Created Kaioken Attack
Created False Super Saiyan (along with kidrain and mastery)
Created extensive var list (for future reference)
Created Fusion Dance

Wish I could have done more but I currently have an undiagnosed infection at the top left of my jaw, which left me unable to concentrate on coding for 2 days.

Still looking for an iconner (as I feel like doing it myself would overburden my workload as I have programmingwork in college, do the coding, do the gfx, do the foruming and have a job on the side as well)
Ginji
Ginji
Top-Tier Shinobi
Top-Tier Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  GladiusStorm Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:49 pm

“I just found a way to get Free Paysafecard Codes go now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GladiusStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Exo Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:11 pm

I wouldn't mind helping you with anything, but it's not going to be on levels of completing a phew things in a couple of days since i got my GCSEs coming up but if you need help with anything, let me know....since ive been getting into dbz since the last movie(Battle Of Gods...or something like that)
Exo
Exo
Average Shinobi
Average Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

NKV :: Social :: Off-Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum